Saturday, August 21, 2021

Almost a finish!

At our local embroidery guild we have been lucky enough to have some classes. Lee Castle came to teach us a new project! There was a choice of two - a Whitework Tudor Rose or a Waratah. I of course fell in love with the rich reds and pinks of the Waratah. I’m not going to show you all what it looks like yet…. Here is my progress though…. 



These are all the bracts ready to go. Some are single needlelace, some are double needlelace and some are Elizabethan corded needlelace. All are finished off with a buttonhole stitch around the edges. These are wired and read to form one of the 3D features of the Waratah. 



I have no idea what this part of the flower is called but all I know is that it felt like it was a billion bullions! There’s a few crazy ones in there but hopefully that just adds to the individuality of my project! 



Now I just have 2 leaves to finish on this gorgeous delustered black satin and it’ll be ready to assemble! 

I have added it as an exhibit for our Carnival of Flowers guild exhibition - I just have to have it finished and framed!! No excuses! I’ll be sure to drop in an show off the finished product!! 

Today I had an on and off all day zoom with some old and new crafty friends from all over the world…. I decided I should get out an old project. I haven’t given my Elizabethan Casket Box much attention as of late so I got cracking on my satin stitch for my ‘M’ monogram for the box. I’m not sure why I put it off for so long! Another couple of hours and I should be finished the satin stitch! 



Anyways, it’s well past my bedtime. Even though some idiots up the road have decided to have a raging party…. I should try and get some sleep! Happy stitching and I’ll be back with progress in the near future! 

Maree. 

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the Waratah come together.........lovely to catch up on zoom again........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was good to meet you in Zoom last night. I did ask what you were working on, but the conversation moved on very quickly and ...well now I see it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Waratah is going to be amazing...looking forward to a final reveal.
    A lovely day yesterday chatting with everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Almost a finish!

At our local embroidery guild we have been lucky enough to have some classes. Lee Castle came to teach us a new project! There was a choice ...