Monday, January 6, 2020

A finish!


I didn't expect to have a finish this early in 2020 but here we are! My crafty friends that know me well are SHOCKED! I've also never signed my work before and this is something I've wanted to do for a while (except have had no finishes!!) so I've added my initials and the year finished down the bottom as well. The motivation to finish this is that my #2 child is turning 13 in four weeks and I thought this verse summed her up really well. I had originally started it a couple of years ago for my niece's 21st birthday but ended up buying her something else as I didn't get it finished in time. This is why I have so many ufo's around the place, I usually start them for a gift, miss the deadline and then give up! 

This week I'll need to wash and block this and then head down to the framers to get some matt cut and then a premade frame (I wish I could afford to get everything professionally framed!) and learn how to frame!! 

I'm pretty excited to see how many things I can finished (without starting too many new projects!) in 2020!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost a finish!

At our local embroidery guild we have been lucky enough to have some classes. Lee Castle came to teach us a new project! There was a choice ...