Saturday, January 4, 2020

Running a bit late to start the year!


It's that time of the year! A new year! Hello 2020! I know I am a little late to the party! We headed away to visit with friends and family over New Years and even though I didn't want to go (only because I couldn't be bothered packing for everyone!), I really had the most amazing time away. It was exhausting and refreshing all in one. The kids had the most amazing time catching up with cousins and friends - they lived in the pool most of the time! 

So now that 2020 is here and we are back home again enjoying our school holidays it has given me time to think about what I want out of 2020. We are unpacking and getting settled into our home and we have really been trying hard to cull lots of things we have been hanging onto "just in case" we ever might need them! Time to pass on things that are no longer useful to us. I am a part of an "unconsumers group" in my local town and it is amazing to be able to list the things we no longer need and have someone come and collect them and put them to use immediately. 

So for me, 2020 brings new opportunities with my work (contract teacher aide) being a little uncertain, I know I'll have plenty of relief work should my school not have the extra funding needed for me to keep my position there. I will be able to get more sewing done! That excites me! I did suggest to my husband that I could be a stay at home mum again.... (I have only been back in the workforce for 2 years since leaving to start a family in 2005) and that I could concentrate on the house, cooking, cleaning and the kids. He smirked (and I have to agree with him!) and said that we both knew that wouldn't happen, but I'd get lots of sewing and stitching done!! 

Another goal for me in 2020 is to being (again) to take care of myself physically and then hopefully this will help with my anxiety and depression also. I've signed up to a lifetime of support though The Healthy Mummy and am keen to get a great portfolio of recipes together that my family love. My eldest daughter loves cooking and I think these style of recipes will work well for her. We should all encourage our kids to cook, eventually we might get a night or two off a week from cooking!! 😁 

The last thing I'd like to organise is while I'm unpacking my sewing supplies I want to have a list of all the projects I have that I've started or that I've got all the supplies for. I think this may help me to see the magnitude of projects I have on the go and may (I can't promise anything!) stop me from starting too many more!! 

What's your 2020 goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost a finish!

At our local embroidery guild we have been lucky enough to have some classes. Lee Castle came to teach us a new project! There was a choice ...