Friday, September 20, 2019

Stitching is good for my soul


Sometimes (okay, who's kidding who?!)...... all the time I see amazing works of art and I wonder if it's something I can do. I occasionally stop and think and really try to decide if I have the skills required to complete a specific project. Most of the time I buy the project and then think about the skills needed later! 

This project (photo above) is one that I really loved and it didn't matter if I couldn't do all of the stitches straight away, I knew I NEEDED this project in my life.

It's a long term project and it's definitely something that will be treasured for my lifetime and hopefully those that come after me. 

A friend and I have attended one class so far and have two more coming up this year. Each panel is a class to attend and it's amazing to have someone showing us their craft and encouraging us to join in and achieve the completion of an amazing heirloom piece!! 

Please tell me I'm not the only one with grand plans!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost a finish!

At our local embroidery guild we have been lucky enough to have some classes. Lee Castle came to teach us a new project! There was a choice ...