Sunday, September 15, 2019

The Grateful Stitcher

I am a grateful stitcher. 
Life has taken over for the last few years. 
4 children.
Life is busy. 

I have been trying to make more time lately for even just 30 minutes a day of stitching. I try to see the silver lining in every situation. So my silver lining last week was having sick kids. This meant I wasn't able to go to work for two days. I could have cleaned. I could have washed. I could have done many things, I'm sure.

I STITCHED!

I sat, watched tv while my kids rested, I stitched.
My heart was full. 

It has taken me a long time to really see that doing things for myself isn't selfish. It's actually so beneficial to my family and to my relationships. Don't get me wrong, I haven't done away with all of my usual responsibilities. But I have made some changes to allow me to be able to make my heart full so I can be a better mum. 

I have so many projects on the go - don't we all? Don't comment and tell me you finish every project before starting a new one. You people are unicorns. 

Maybe next time I'll have a photo of something I'm working on. 

I have three projects on the couch beside me this week - a glorious bible verse in gorgeous script for one of my children's super amazing teachers, Cloud Factory's Kings and Queens of the UK cross stitch - this one brings so much happiness to me - and I just saw the Downton Abbey movie last night..... I love the UK, third one is panels from an Elizabethan sewing box that will be a lifelong project I think!! 

What are you grateful for?

(image from Dimensions)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost a finish!

At our local embroidery guild we have been lucky enough to have some classes. Lee Castle came to teach us a new project! There was a choice ...